MONDAY
Forum
TUESDAY
Interiors and Exteriors
WEDNESDAY
Portraits
THURSDAY
Art and Design
FRIDAY
Fashion
SUNDAY
Objects and Antiquities

Thursday, May 3

V&A : GLASS



While at White Chapel Gallery I unknowingly walked into an installation by Josiah McElheny.  I discovered his work recently in a Globe and Mail article featuring his Go Figure series.  I love Twentieth Century Modernism, Mirrored and Reflected Infinitely (2006).  This video lends some insight into his practice and in learning about his work I've become, even more, beguiled by glass.  I suppose it's been a long time coming.  Many of the ceramic forms I'm throwing are loose imitations of Victorian glass vessels, and art glass has really been catching my eye at the antiques markets lately. So, while at the V&A I had to take in their collection.  It's pretty awesome, if you're into this sort of thing,  I know some amorphous solids can be a bit difficult to get behind.




No comments:

Post a Comment